Kolbe Special Schools mission is to provide a holistic
learning environment where we value the uniqueness of each pupil.
Kolbe School is a Catholic Primary
School under the patronage of the Sisters of Charity of Jesus and Mary Services
(SCJMS)catering for pupils from 4 to 18 years.
We endeavour to work collaboratively
to provide a caring and educationally rich environment where each individual
is treated with dignity and respect.
Kolbe Special School provides an inclusive
environment where all students develop an optimum personal level of independence
through an individualised approach to educational development and personal care.
Kolbe Special School aspires to be a school of excellence operating within the
guidelines of Department of Education and Science and under the patronage of
the SCJMS which commits to the educational development of each pupil.
Kolbe School aspires to be a school of excellence
operating within the guidelines of the Department of Education and Science and
under the Patronage of the Sisters of Charity of Jesus and Mary Services which
commits to the educational development of each pupil.
At Kolbe Special School we aim to:
- Enable our pupils to live a full life and to
realise their potential as unique individuals.
- Enable our pupils to develop as said beings
through living and co-operating with others.
- Provide our pupils with a broad and balanced
curriculum as presented by the Department of Education and Science.
- Offer a holistic approach to each pupil thus
ensuring their intellectual, health and personal care development.
- Develop a professional relationship with all
visiting professionals where they feel welcomed, supported and valued by the
whole school community.
- Provide for the spiritual formation of the entire
school community, giving all our experience of the Church’s beliefs,
traditions and Sacramental life.
- Develop and encourage attitudes of care, respect,
honesty, responsibility and integrity in every person.
- Promote the importance of diversity –
cultural, religious, social, environmental and ethnic – among all, treating
each individual with dignity and respect.
- Develop a strong, effective and positive partnership
between home and school, enabling our pupils to develop and grow.
- Encourage standards of excellence in teaching
by providing resources and In-Service Development whenever possible and /or
- Provide a safe, clean, warm school where all
the school community can liaise and grow in comfort.
- Promote healthy relationships with other schools,
both in the parish and further afield.
- Promote relationships with the wider community.
- Actively engage the help and resources of statutory
bodies including the Health Authority, County Council and Garda Siochána.
- Be a welcoming school where visitors are given
- Be a well-organised effective school.
Page : Introduction
: Mission Statement : School
Information : Structure
Day : Green Flag
Photos : Class
1 tour : Class 2
tour : Class 3 tour
: Special Olympics : Donations
: How to get to Kolbe : Patron
Issues : Kolbe I.T. : School
Calendar 09/10 : Christmas 2008
: Christmas 2009 : 10th